As a Senior User Experience Designer with over 10 years of experience, I specialize in designing innovative, user-centered solutions for systemic challenges. I have experience working in consulting and in-house design teams and am highly adept at working on remote/distributed teams. In addition to my expertise in UX design and prototyping, I am also capable of leading or conducting user generative and evaluative research. I have collaborated with cross-discipline teams including engineering and multiple stakeholders in fast-paced environments and designed products for regulated environments such as government, finance, B2B, and SaaS.
Civic tech consultancy | Senior User Experience Designer | January 2018 - September 2022
Worked with the federal government to come up with innovative, user-centered solutions to systemic challenges.
- Lead designer in reimagining how states submit required materials to the federal government for medicaid funding
- Conducted research with 50+ federal stakeholders and 12 states to define product direction and vision, which introduced a new approach to product development for the agency.
- Launched to 6 states across the country cutting their plan submission review time by 50%
- Conducted over 100 usability testing sessions to validate solutions
- Educated government agencies on human-centered design best practices that they adopted across multiple internal projects
- Communicated design solutions by wireframing and rapid prototyping
- Worked alongside federal digital transformation teams to develop a Figma version of the United States Web Design System (USWDS), now being used by thousands of internal and external government projects
- Collaborated with practitioners across Truss to improve our accessibility practices, research and design methodologies, and tooling improvements
Interior design SaaS product | Head of Product Design | September 2016 - May 2018
Head of product design leading all aspects of design for first-to-market B2B SaaS project management solution and our industry-leading interior design coworking space.
- Conducted weekly user research sessions to validate new solutions based on the needs of a growing user base
- Collaborated with engineering team to implement a design system to provide a consistent user experience enhancements and speed up build time
- Worked closely with CEO and sales team to design marketing and sales material to grow the use based to 200+ users across 30 design agencies
- Designed a built a product marketplace connecting designers with 1,000’s of vendors
Software consultancy | Senior Product Designer | September 2013 - August 2016
Full-stack product design consultant building software for both startups and Fortune 500 companies, translating their business and user goals into useful, meaningful digital products.
- American Express: Spearheaded the design of the next-generation employee reconciliation experience for our corporate clients. Created a cutting-edge design system that was subsequently adopted by numerous internal teams for the development of new products and services.
- Give Directly: Researched and designed a new way for benefactors to make a direct connection to their beneficiaries through a streaming feed of how their money was being put to use. Thousands of beneficiaries have been
- NYC Dept. of Education: Led an 8-week engagement conducting research with actual NYC high school students in their transition period. Better surfacing the information they use to make high school decisions.
- Design practice growth: Interviewed hundreds of candidates and expanded our design team from 6 to over 24 in 2 years.
Branding and design agency | Color designer | December 2011 - August 2013
Graphic and color designer working with industrial design on prints, patterns, colorway development and trend reporting for athletic footwear. Clients included Patagonia, Merrel, Chaco, and Burton Snowboards.
Interaction design, Visual design, Rapid prototyping, Front-end development, Usability testing, User research, Workshop facilitation, Roadmapping, Blueprinting, Accessibility testing/implementation, Typography, Branding
Languages & Other
Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, Github, Trello, Jira, Confluence, Pivotal Tracker
Agile, Lean, Human centered design
Burlington, VT | Fall 2010 | Bachelors in Multimedia and Graphic Design